Thursday, February 7, 2013
Letting go of the old...
As I sit around waiting to hear back from coordinator in Korea about my placement and when and where I will be going I realize that the biggest task about uprooting my life to a whole new path is going to be getting rid of my material goods. I wouldn't call me a hoarder, but I tend to be one of those people that keeps a T-shirt (my first one I got after my orientation at CU Freshman year) or tries to cling to memories of game day shirts that I wore at 20 years old. I know that they are mere cues that help keep those memories fresh in my mind, but I must realize that the memories themselves are what matter most, not the item. Now don't get me wrong, pictures and some t-shirts are going to stay until I cannot stand to look or wear it again, but I have been depleting items that really I have no use for.
Honestly, it feels great to let go of the old (some things are from Australia back in 2006) and know that there will be new items to come into my life. Furthermore, on a deeper level- my immediate future is now unwritten and I get to recreate myself and my life's journey in a whole new way than I ever imagined before.
I am merely still in the beginning stages of letting go of my material goods. The hardest by far will be my CR-V, but that car defined many of my past journeys in Colorado, California, Arizona and more... She will be missed.
Letting go of these items let's me let of go of the current life I lead. I am not saying I am letting go of the relationships I have built or letting go of my progress to really understand myself, but rather letting go of things that I have clung to- old ideas and beliefs and making room for new ones to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.