Wednesday, July 3, 2013
On Vanity in Korea...
Mirrors Mirror on the wall... seriously though, Koreans do have mirrors on many walls- all over Korea. In the subway stations, in the classroom, in my office, on the back of cell phone covers. Mirrors are everywhere in Korea. Does it bother me? Not really.
See, I used to sneak my mirrors in class in grade school to make sure there wasn't a "bat in the cave" or food in my teeth. Because let's face it, how honest are people really when the green goblin wants to make an appearance in public via your nasal hole? Well Korean's prevent this embarrassment by making so many things reflective (my phone cover serves as a mirror), windows and doors, etc.
Personally, I like it except when it's in my class and you are doing your hair and makeup instead of learning. I like being about to check to make sure all hairs are in place, all food is out of my teeth and everything is in good order. They are a society that is obsessed with image, but in this day and age, I think most globalized society's are. They may just be more blunt and obvious about it.
As for plastic surgery in Korea, I am going to leave that for a separate post as soon I should have more insight into the #1 country for plastic surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.